There are two ways to insert a hyperlink into a WordPress site. In this post, I will be teaching you both.
Way #1 Blogroll
One way is by adding a link to the blogroll. This puts a link on the sidebar on every page on your site. You will need to have a blogroll widget somewhere in your site for this to work.
Blogrolls are becoming outdated so don’t make this your primary link space. Use the text of your website instead.
Way #2 Inline Hyperlink
The better way is to insert the link into a post. Typing out a domain like www.ThomasUmstattd.com without making it a link is unprofessional.
How to insert a link in WordPress:
1. Go to the web page you want to link to.
2. Copy the URL. It should start with “http://”
3. Write the text you want to be a hyperlink. It is good to be descriptive and avoid the phrase “click here”
4. Select the text.
5. Click the make link button in WordPress. It looks like this
6. Paste the URL from step one into the link field.
It looks like this:
That’s it! If you have questions feel free to leave a comment below.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 Rykerivan.Rw